NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Just a skosh--

art by Clive Hicks-Jenkins
The only thing worth doing in the realm of the arts is to run to the very edge of everything you have made until now and then throw yourself off, trusting that your feet will find new ground. And this is true no matter whether you are Isaac Bashevis Singer or Jane Austen or Joe or Jolene Nobody who wants to make something beautiful.
Okay, that's it. All I have to say. My jot and morsel. My iota. All the advice I have to give. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.